New Bingo Billy Complaints

Thursday 22 January 2015

New Bingo Billy Cash Scam – How I got Cheated


When my sister came to me with her laptop, she showed me New Bingo Billy where we could play. Naturally I was curious because my sister and I had fond memories of playing bingo in our childhood. Twenty years later, I was curious to check it out myself and my sister told me that she had just received her payment of $900. So that told me that the site was genuine and could be trusted. Little did I know then that both my sister and I just became victims of a major New Bingo Billy cash scam.


They lure hundreds of customers by offering an attractive deposit option which will be considerably lower compared to some of the other legit sites. And I made my deposit and was hoping to start playing when I realized I had to cough up more money to play certain games. I had paid only the basic amount and to get more services I would have to pay more. Once you are registered, you are more inclined to see things through and I ended up paying twice as much now to get better service. This should have been the first sign that the company was bogus but I kept playing.  

The company staff was quite friendly and they went out of their way to make me feel comfortable with the software. They also encouraged me to play on a regular basis and always kept me informed of new deals and contests. I must say at that point I was a pretty happy customer. After that initial turn off, things had nicely settled down and I was having a good time. The software was also easy to use and my sister and I use to pay regularly during the weekends. By the end of the month, I had managed to make $600 while my sister made $1500.

We decided to up the stakes the next month and invested in more playing hours. By this point our combined winnings tally reached $4600 and we were looking to take our families on a little vacation. So it came as a surprise when I we started experiencing problems with the software and we could not initiate a withdrawal. I tried everything and my sister also had the same problem. We thought it was a temporary software problem and I called the customer service for help. They promised to rectify the problem as soon as possible. Hours turned to days and then weeks and finally three months later, we still haven’t received our payment. 

Nothing is more distressing than being robbed by this bogus New Bingo Billy cash scam. We tried everything in our power. We called them tons of times, mailed them, and threatened them with legal action but nothing worked. It reached a point where we had to just write it off as a bad experience and move on with our lives. If I had only done some background checks on the company before joining. I was shocked to see that the site had done this hundreds of other users as well. I was extremely disappointed by the outcome and I hope by reading this, those looking to join the site will conduct a thorough check before registering.  

Mrs C.B, LA